Sunday, October 24, 2010

Reflect on Videos

Believe it or not? This is the 14th week of my resources class. The lesson for today is interesting and awesome. This is because all of us are given opportunity to watch our peers’ creation of video. Most of the video are produced with brilliant ideas. The video that leaves the deep impact towards me is Faiz and Atikah’s group. They have done a great job by relating the video with the cancer disease. It is so touching to see people who are suffering with cancer. It reminds me that I must lead a healthy life or else I will be in the same group as them. Besides, there is also a video that brings reminiscences to me during our trip to Langkawi. Although not all of us have joined the trip, it is still lively and enjoyable.

Then, our lecturer asks everyone of us to think critically and analytically about the video. For instance, we have to explain the utmost theme of the video, strengths and also weaknesses. Through this session, it gives me a chance to see vividly the characteristics of a good quality video. Our lecturer has also reminded us that a good video so be incorporated with a suitable songs as background audio. This will enhance the atmosphere and feeling while watching it.


Apart from that, all these videos are important for me. It does not merely as an entertainment, it can also be a teaching aid as well. Awesome isn’t? In this ICT world, teachers must a lifelong learner and always be ready to learn the latest pedagogy skills in teaching. Video can be used to arouse pupils’ interest as the beginning of a lesson. I can also extract pictures from the video as picture cards. It is just like killing two birds with one stone.


All in all, this week has really been an eye opener for me. I have learnt another way to create an interesting and exciting way of learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment